Transports and delivers finished feed to cattle daily
· Operates a feed truck to distribute a quantity of feed to cattle daily by following specific standards regarding accuracy, distribution, and timeliness.
· Corrects mistakes by shoveling overfed quantities back onto truck, cleaning up feed spills.
· Reports feeding mistakes to supervisor so the appropriate course of action can be taken.
· Cleans bunks regularly including removal of manure and other debris.
· Performs truck servicing and inspection according to maintenance requirements including checking fluids, tires, and lights alerting supervisor of any problems with equipment.
· Performs daily preventative maintenance of feed trucks, reporting any maintenance issues to supervisor immediately.
· Maintains a clean truck by cleaning out trash, wiping out, and washing according to schedule.
· Performs regular cleaning and maintenance of facilities including the truck garage areas, micro rooms, and batching areas.
· Performs weekly checks of truck scale and mixer scale.
· Teamwork and efficiency are expected as well as assisting in various departments of the feed yard when necessary.
· Follows all Dinklage safety policies, procedures, and keeps up to date with safety regulations and requirements.
· Professionalism is expected including courtesy and respect to team members, customers, and vendors.
Experience Operating Heavy Equipment or Feed Truck is desired.