Rides a horse through pens daily, making sure to ride every pen assigned for the day
Full Time Benefits including health, dental, vision, life, supplemental insurance plans, 401(k) and paid time off
· Stand up every animal daily to determine its condition.
· Identifies sick animals including cattle with pneumonia,lameness, digestive issues, circulatory complications, strays, med-holds,and/or any other abnormal behavior, and removes sick cattle from pen fortreatment.
· Returns treated cattle to home pens daily after treatment.
· Inspects every water tank, pen, fence, and gate daily and reportsany issues to supervisor.
· Reports any subtle changes in cattle to supervisor so the appropriate course of action can be taken.
· Doctors daily pulls within protocols set by Dinklage and Feed YardVeterinarian.
· Helps maintain accurate head count in all hospitals, railer, long bred and buller pens.
· Ships and sorts cattle.
· Assists in moving and weighing railers, in addition to retrieving and assisting with posting deads.
· Assists in shagging cattle from large pens for processing.
· Maintains doctoring facilities, horse barns, and horse penscleaning water tanks, and maintains overall cleanliness of all facilities.
· Responsible for proper care and nutrition of own horses.
· Performs all duties safely following all Dinklage safety policies and procedures.
· Focuses on being a team player, willing to complete additional tasks or assist in other departments and areas of the Feed Yard.
At least a year of related experience and/or training
Must own your own horses
· Ability to ride a horse in a safe manner.
· Maximum knowledge of cattle characteristics and horses.
· Flexibility to work varied hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to ride a horse in a safe manner and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Contact Nathan Knobbe @ (308) 254-5940