Rides a horse through pens daily, making sure to ride every pen assigned for the day.
Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Supplemental Insurance Plans
· Stand up every animal daily to determine its condition.
· Identifies sick animals including cattle with pneumonia, lameness, digestive issues, circulatory complications, strays, med-holds, and/or any other abnormal behavior, and removes sick cattle from pen for treatment.
· Returns treated cattle to home pens daily after treatment.
· Inspects every water tank, pen, fence, and gate daily and reportsany issues to supervisor.
· Reports any subtle changes in cattle to supervisor so theappropriate course of action can be taken.
· Doctors daily pulls within protocols set by Dinklage and Feed YardVeterinarian.
· Helps maintain accurate head count in all hospitals, railer,long bred and buller pens.
· Ships and sorts cattle.
· Assists in moving and weighing railers, in addition to retrieving and assisting with posting deads.
· Assists in shagging cattle from large pens for processing.
· Maintains doctoring facilities, horse barns, and horse penscleaning water tanks, and maintains overall cleanliness of all facilities.
· Responsible for proper care and nutrition of own horses.
· Performs all duties safely following all Dinklage safetypolicies and procedures.
· Focuses on being a team player, willing to complete additionaltasks or assist in other departments and areas of the Feed Yard.
· Ability to ride a horse in a safe manner.
· Maximum knowledge of cattle characteristics and horses.
· Flexibility to work varied hours.